Ms. Tribush’s paintings suggest an illusion of reality that evokes the ideals of the classical tradition. Her pastels employ multiple layers of brilliant pigment creating a play of light and revealing color upon form.
Collections of her work have been exhibited at such venues as the:
• Allied Artists of America, NY
• Badahsenzi Gallery, Xi’an Academy, Xi’an, China
• Butler Institute of American Art, OH
• L’Art du Pastel, Salon International, Vernon, France
• Danville Museum of Art, VA
• Europastel, Pastello En Verbania, Italy
• Europastel-UNESCO, St. Petersburg, Russia
• International Pastel Artists Invitational Exhibition, Taipei Taiwan
• Museum of Texas Tech University, TX
• Pastel Society of America, NY
• Salmungundi Club Galleries, NY
Brenda received both her Bachelor and Master of Arts Degrees in Studio Art from Adelphi University in New York. She has also studied with Isaac Soyer and Ruben Tam at the Brooklyn Museum Art School and with New York Art Students League instructor Ernest Crichlow.
• Allied Artists of America at the Butler Institute of American Art
• American Artist Magazine
• L’Art du Pastel
• The Best of Pastels 2
• Il Pastello Contemporano in Europa
• The Pastel Society of America at the Butler Institute of American Art
• The International Pastel Artists Invitational in Taipei
• Who’s Who in American Art
Professional memberships include: Allied Artists of America (Board of Directors); New York Artists Equity Association (former Board of Directors); Salmagundi Club (former Vice President); Pastel Society of America (Board of Directors).
Persian Rug with Green Pot
Pastel, 25 1/2" x 19 1/2"